Thursday 21 April 2016

Spring is in the Air with IndigoBlu

 


Hello and thank you for visiting my blog from the IndigoBlu Blog Challenge!

I've used an A4 folder that I bought cheap from a supermarket. The cover is a white with various pastel stripes on it - it's not to my taste, so I decided to cover it!

I have some napkins I'm not keen on, so I separated the layers (in this case 3 ply) and scrunched them up ready to stick to the folder, using my IndigoBlu Slap-It-On! As the folder originally had a shiny gloss surface, the glue took a while longer than normal to dry. Once dry, a coat of Gee-Sso Good! (White) and then after that dried, a coat of Pantry White.

I left it to dry and then attacked with lots of spring colour paints, watered down in spritz bottles. All paints used are IndigoBlu paints, Banana Custard, Townhouse Teal, Wimberry Pie, Aladdin, Cinderella & Emerald City.  After I'd left that to dry, not all paints had dried fully, I watered down an little Gee-Sso Good White and gave the whole folder a white wash to soften the background colours and blend. This works best if you paint in one direction only, I chose diagonally (not Diagon Alley, though that would have been cool!!!)


I took this lovely stamp of Elizabeth Bennet from the Mr Darcy stamp set, and cut her down to size to fit into this lovely frame, which I painted with Townhouse Teal.

I used a little watered down paint to colour the image a little and inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

Gave the frame and the folder a once over with the Goldfinger Metallic paint using dry brush method and lightly going over to just catch edges/raised areas.

I decided then to add more texture by using the Texture Stencil with some lovely texture paste.

I stamped a selection of stamps onto tissue using Smokey Grey Versafine ink and then stuck them on the folder using my Slap-it-on. I applied a spritz of watered down Snow White Metallic paint randomly, but mostly partly on the the bits I'd just stamped. I used my finger to just gently rub/smear the spritz's about, so they didn't obscure the stamped images, or weren't too thick a layer of paint.

After that, I stamped up a butterfly, from the Wild meadow set of stamps onto the IndigoBlu white stamping paper, and cut to size, distressed using Walnut stain distress ink, and also a little watered down Townhouse Teal paint. I ruffed up the edges with a little distress tool and inked again on the edges with the distress ink.

I did the same for the "BEAUTY" sentiment, from the Words Block #1 by Mike Deakin, but without the ruffing of the edges.

A few bits of odds and ends of lace and old curtains, one of which I dipped into watered down TownHouse Teal and then dried with my heat tool to help heat set it (as I'd watered down the paint, it will no longer be a full fabric paint, but for the purposes of this, as I will not be washing it, it works really well to match to the artwork).

And here you go! The completed cover for my folder. Spring Is In The Air - well, I've picked the colours that to me are spring like, and added birds and butterflies! I hope you like it!



Goodies used:
Stamp A5 Mr Darcy
Stamp A5 Wild Meadow
Stamp A5 Sarah's Choice
Stamp A5 Word Blocks
Stamp Dinky Butterfly
Stamp Dinky Ink Splat Butterfly
Stamp Dinky Peony
Stencil Textures
Texture Paste
Paints Acrylic Metallic
Paints Acrylic
Distress Tool
Slap it on
GeeSso Good

Thank you for checking out the IndigoBlu Blog challenge. You can return to the blog here!

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous work - such pretty colours and fabulous texture - love it! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete