Wednesday 8 October 2014

Upcycled Can

This month, I've been up-cycling various objects that would otherwise go into the bin, or the recycling bin.  Bottles, boxes, some plastic cartons and also tin cans.

For this challenge, I wanted to incorporate my up-cycling phase...so here you have my little can for those handy bits and bobs you craft with....scissors, palette knife, brushes, pens, etc...


I have used stamps from the Pomp and Pageantry A5 set.
I added the florish to black card with Flitterglu, then added Sheffield Steel Mega Flake.
I stamped the Big Ben image onto white card, used 'pageantry' only from the wording below. Added some Glossy Accents to Big Ben to give it a little k-pow! Added beads from my stash to spell "POMP" in the little circles.
Both are edged with the Sheffield Steel mega flake.

For the can itself, after a good clean and removal of the label, I used my "Slap it On" to stick pages from an old dictionary on, randomly, by ripping and decoupaging on. I rolled my dried can onto my inked up Crackleglaze Background A6 stamp.

The top and bottom of the can have been Flitterglu'd and Sheffield Steel Mega Flake applied.

A piece of black ribbon was wrapped around and then tied into a bow, and then I added a further piece of silver ribbon, this just the bow tied to the black bow, to give it more dimension. Stuck on my toppers, and the can is complete!

(I also used some silver spray paint on the inside, just to seal it - this I did at the beginning).

I hope you like, and I hope you are inspired to get upcycling and finding interesting things to do with bits of rubbish!

Happy crafting,

Maxine

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Maxine. I have just bought some coffee so I could recycle the tin it was in! I am planning to use some texture paste through a stencil for lots of texture before using the fabulously brilliant metallic paints lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Maxine .. such a cool idea xx

    ReplyDelete