Friday 13 June 2014

In the pink

I've opted slightly out of my comfort zone and used pink and black....

Although my stamp is beautiful (IndigoBlu "Ella Bella") I still can't seem to make a card pretty!

However, here, I started out my using a "Morrocan" mask to create a background paper - I inked over with Distress Ink "Victorian Velvet". Before heat setting or letting the ink dry, I dripped some water on to try to bleach out some of the colour - this did not go as well as I hoped it would, but perhaps I was too impatient to get on with making my card!!!

Using the Victorian Velvet distress ink, I inked around the edges of the card with the scrolly part of the Ella Bella stamp to create little scrolls and just some frilly edging. I then trimmed this down to 125mm square, dried and lightly distressed the edges with the same distress ink.

Next, I took my stamp and inked it with Ranger Archival in black. Gave it a really heavy coating to ensure the silhouette solid areas stamped up nicely, which they did! I used my little Quickie Glue pen and added some ultra-fine black glitter (unsure where from as in an unmarked pot).

I took distress ink Black Soot and inked onto my card black around the edges, to give it the impression of frame - then glued my paper to the card.

I added some little square black gems and did a few cosmic shimmer pearl dots in a pinky/red colour (the colour name has worn off the bottle!!) - It has taken me a while to perfect the dots as they usually spread and are more flat, however, I'm pleased to have finally got it right!!!

I hand wrote a little bit of wording "Seek beauty from within" and edged around the pink paper with some stickles black glitter glue.

Job done! Hope you like - I'm going to enter into my first ever blog challenge!

Not sure about my flower - I like the flower, but not sure if it goes on the card ok, hence the different pictures, with and without - let me know what you think!

The flower was made with some black docraft flowers, the larger of which I coloured with the Victorian Velvet distress and black archival ink (using the Ella Bella stamp) - the smaller one was in black paper, so I just glued them together and added a little docraft glimmer shimmer dome.

It's a bit basic, I know, but....well someone may like it!

Thanks for stopping by!

Peace & Harmony to all,
Maxine xx

15 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous Maxine, the flower is perfect. If you drip your water on the ink before drying it, it will bleach out more. Good luck with your first challenge. Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth. I will try that next time, with the water, thanks for the tip!! Maxine x

      Delete
  2. Wonderful card Maxine, I like the flower, so definitely with xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Tracey! I do like making a flower!!!! X

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your entry in the IndigoBlu Challenge
    P xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pauline! It's a bit nerve wracking but I just thought...'why not try'! Maxine x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card maxine, love the stencilled background, thanks for taking part in the Indigoblu challenge this month ... Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! Yes, that's one of my favourite masks....hard to say as I love masks!!! The stamp really makes this card - so so gorgeous! Thanks again x

      Delete
  5. A lovely card Maxine. It has a real vintage feel to it. Thanks for joining us at IndigoBlu. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny! The Victorian Velvet is such a nice pink shade, not too pink and girly, a grown up pink! Maxine x

      Delete
  6. Lovely card Maxine .... Ella Bella is one of my favourite IB stamps. Thanks for joining in with the IndigoBlu challenge .... good luck1
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linda, Thank you!! Yes, stamp so beautiful! Kay's daughter told me it was either her or her sister, though I can't remember which one! So lovely! Maxine x

      Delete
  7. Hi Maxine, this is a lovely (and pretty) card, thanks for joining us in the Indigoblu challenge this month, good luck.
    Nikki K. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki! I love your card!!!! Just sneaked a peek at your blog - lovely things! I'm so glad I put my card in now - I've done another since which would probably have been better for this, but hey ho! All the best, Maxine xx

      Delete
  8. Beautiful entry thank you for entering our indigoBlu challenge x

    ReplyDelete